The best ecommerce sites use video to supplement their product listings and marketing efforts. Video is especially effective in the digital era, where consumers are intensely interested in learning more about what they’re buying and how it works. This is good news for ecommerce merchants because videos can help you increase sales by improving the user experience on your website while also providing valuable customer education. With all the benefits of using videos on your ecommerce site, why not start adding them today?
Add Video to Your Home Page
The home page is the most important page on your ecommerce site. It’s the first thing people see when they visit, and it can be a powerful tool to engage visitors or lose them forever.
Video on your home page can help you stand out from competitors by demonstrating your product in action and highlighting why it’s so great. It also gives you an opportunity to tell a story about how someone uses your product, which will make them feel more connected to you as a brand. Finally, using video on the home page can help increase sales if done right!
Build Out a Video Gallery
A video gallery is a collection of related videos on your site. When someone clicks through to it, they’ll see a grid of thumbnails and can click to play the video or watch it full-screen.
A good way to start building out your first video gallery is by thinking about what content you have that would be useful for customers and prospects, then deciding which videos are most appropriate for each section of your site. For example:
- The homepage could feature a couple of high-level pieces about what you do and who you are as an organization.
- Product pages can show off different ways people use your products in their everyday lives.
- A blog post could be paired with relevant footage from behind the scenes at an event or shoot.
Create How-To Videos
How-to videos are a great way to show your customers how to use your product. This can be something as simple as demonstrating how a new pair of headphones works or demonstrating how to install a light fixture. These types of videos are also helpful for demonstrating how an item should be cleaned and maintained, especially if there are unique instructions that come with the product.
Incorporate Customer-Submitted Videos
Customer-submitted videos are a great way to build trust, loyalty and brand awareness. They can also help you build affinity with your customers. When you receive a customer’s video submission, it means that they’re willing to share something personal about themselves with your company—and that can only mean good things for your business.
Your customers are telling the world about who they are and how much they love what you do! That’s huge for building brand awareness in ways that traditional advertising just doesn’t live up to anymore.
Add Product Videos
The standard method of showing off your products is to use images. But photos are static, and they don’t always do a great job of showing what a product looks like in motion. A video clip can give you that extra bit of detail that makes all the difference.
If you’ve got products that look better when they’re shown moving around, adding a short video clip is a good option for taking advantage of this feature. It’s also helpful if you want to show off how easy it is to use an item or how well it performs while being used on its own (or with other items).
How To Create Ecommerce Product Videos
Here are a few tips on how to create ecommerce product videos that will help boost your business:
1. Keep it short and sweet
When it comes to product videos, shorter is almost always better. Viewers have short attention spans and are more likely to lose interest in a video that’s too long. Using a video cutter tool can help with this.
Aim for videos that are 1-2 minutes in length. Anything longer than that and you run the risk of losing viewers before they even get to the good stuff.
2. Edit the video for maximum impact
This is where you can really make or break the video, so it’s important to take your time and edit carefully.
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind while editing:
– Keep it concise: Like we mentioned before, shorter videos are better. Edit out any unnecessary footage and get straight to the point.
– Highlight the features: Make sure the most important features of the product are front and center. If there’s something you want viewers to remember, make sure it’s included in the video.
– Add captions: Adding captions or on-screen text can be a great way to highlight key points in the video. This is especially helpful if you have a lot of information to cover.
– Use music: Adding a background music can help set the tone and mood of the video. Just make sure to choose something that’s appropriate for the product and doesn’t distract from the overall message.
3. Focus on the benefits
When creating a product video, it’s important to focus on the benefits of using your product. What will it do for the customer? How will it make their life better?
Answering these questions will help you create a video that’s focused on what the customer wants and needs to see.
4. Use persuasive language
The words you use in the video can make a big difference in how effective it is. Avoid using jargon or technical terms that the average viewer might not understand. Instead, use persuasive language that’s designed to convince viewers to take action.
Some good examples of persuasive words and phrases include:
– You need this
– This is a must-have
– I can’t live without it
– This will change your life
5. Include a call to action
At the end of the video, be sure to include a call to action (CTA). This is something that tells viewers what they should do next, such as visit your website or buy the product.
Without a CTA, viewers may not know what to do after watching the video and they’re likely to move on to something else.
Leverage Videos for Social Media Marketing
Social media is a great way to share videos. You can use video on social media channels to increase engagement and build your brand’s image on these platforms.
- Share your brand story: Talk about the values that make your business unique, or demonstrate how you manufacture or source products.
- Show off your brand personality: A lot of companies would benefit from having their own voice instead of trying to sound like everyone else in the industry.
- Share your brand’s voice: Videos are a great way to express this unique personality in an authentic way that resonates with customers and clients alike!
Create Customer Education Videos
Customer education videos are perfect for helping your customers understand the benefits of your product and how to use it. You may also want to create customer education videos that show customers how to install, maintain or repair their products from you.
Ecommerce videos allow you to show, not just tell.
Video can be a powerful tool for educating customers. Videos allow you to show how your product works, install it, use it and so on.
You can also use video to share behind-the-scenes looks at your manufacturing process or other aspects of the company that make it unique. For example, if you make custom furniture or art pieces by hand and have an interesting backstory about how they’re made (or even just what inspires you), that’s worth sharing with customers!
Videos are a great way to bring your brand to life and engage with customers. With video, you can share an experience with them through sight, sound and motion.