There is no doubt that coming soon page is an essential element of any website. Since it allows the website visitors to know about website launch date and other details. However, when it comes to creating a coming soon page, most of the people out there get clueless and end up using a default maintenance page.
However, creating a coming soon page is not as hard as it seems. In this article I will be explaining how to create a coming soon page in latest WordPress using a simple free plugin. So let’s just head into the topic:
How to create a coming soon page in WordPress:
As I just mentioned, we will be using a free plugin. So let’s start the article with the plugin’s introduction. This way you will be able to know the usefulness of the plugin.
So for creating a coming soon page I will be using the Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode. Now you must be thinking: why this plugin?
Well, this plugin is not just one of the best solutions for creating a coming soon page, it also helps in creating Maintenance Mode, Landing Page or Launch Page for your website. This means you don’t have to download a different plugin for each job.
Also, the best part of the plugin is that it is extremely easy to install. All you need to do is install the plugin to your WordPress dashboard and do some basic things. Moreover, the plugin can easily be integrated with any WordPress theme and plugin without any issues.
Anyway, to give you a better insight about the plugin. Let’s just talk about some of its top features:
Top Features of Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
- Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode comes with more than 50 themes, 26+ Instagram filters, and 47+ spectacular content animations
- It works with all WordPress themes and plugins effectively.
- You will be able to customize your coming soon page completely by changing the background color, cover image, fonts, logo, favicon, and so on.
- Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode offers 400,000 premium images.
- You can customize each and every element of the coming soon page without making things too complicated.
- You will be able to preview a coming soon page before activating it.
- It comes with SEO tools. This makes sure that your website is getting ranked in SERP since the first day.
- The plugin allows you to rearrange the elements by dragging and dropping.
- It comes with the support for MailChimp so you don’t have to use 3rd party plugins
- You can add custom HTML and CSS codes to the plugin.
- The plugin is GDPR compatible by displaying an optional warning below the email field. Also, users need to accept the license before they enter their email.
- The plugin also makes search engines view the website as a normal website. However, the visitors will only get to see the coming soon page.
- It supports custom login URL.
So these are a couple of the best features of the plugin. Anyway, now let’s get back to our main question which is the How to create a coming soon page in WordPress. For this, go through these following steps, and you will be good to go:
How to create a coming soon page in WordPress using Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Plugin?
Step 1: First of all login to your WordPress dashboard.
Step 2: Now from the plugin’s section click on the Add New button.
Step 3: Over here search for the Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode plugin.
Step 4: Now click on the install now button and then activate the plugin.
Step 5: Once installed you have to go to the settings of the plugin. For this go to the Settings and then select Maintenance Mode.
Step 6: Now under the basic settings, you will find lots of options. So start changing the settings by adding a Header Text, Content and an Anti Spam Text. Also, you can set a custom URL.
After that, you have to arrange elements. You can arrange the elements by dragging the elements from one place to another. Or you leave them as it is.
Once everything is done, click on the save changes button.
Step 7: Then go to the next settings tab which is SEO. Over here you have to enter details like SEO title, meta description, and Google Analytics Code.
Step 8: Now come to the Themes section and activate your favorite theme.
Step 9: In the next step come to the design section. Over here you will be able to add your logo, cover image, background color, favicon, and so on. Also, you will be able to change the text colors and do a hell lot of other things.
Step 10: If you want to integrate email newsletter option. Then you have to go to the Email settings. Over here you have to choose an emailing system and enter its API key. The plugin supports emailing systems like MailChimp, Universal Autoresponder, and Zapier.
Step 11: If you are integrating the email signup option as well. Then you have to go to the from section and fill up some details.
Step 12: In the end if you want to add some advanced settings. Then click on the Advanced button and over here you will be able to add custom HTML and CSS codes.
Once you are done with everything go back to the basic settings and then toggle on the “Enable Maintenance Mode?” feature and click on save changes. That’s it, now go back to your home page, and you will find the coming soon page.
So that’s how you can create a coming soon page in WordPress. However, most of the features are only available to Pro users. So, if you have really found the plugin useful then do consider getting the pro version.
*This post is contributed by Coming Soon PRO editorial team.